Department of Transportation (DOT) Physicals
The Texas Department of Transportation (DOT) requires individuals renewing or seeking a commercial driver’s license (CDL) for occupational, commercial, or other employment needs to complete a medical physical
DOT medical physicals and exams allow the state to determine if a driver is healthy enough to operate a large commercial vehicle. AFC Urgent Care Southlake offers on-site DOT physicals to help expedite your CDL registration or renewal.
A few key DOT medical requirements for a CDL renewal include:
- 20/40 vision with either non-corrected or corrected vision through glasses or contact lenses
- A clinical diagnosis of high blood pressure, which has been clinically updated to to between 130-139 over 80-89 mm
- Ability to hear a whisper within a five-foot radius or 40 decibels at 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz, and 2,000 Hz with or without a hearing aid
- No history of frequently using a Schedule I drug/substance without proven medical consent to do so
Medical conditions that may dismiss you from receiving or renewing a CDL:
- Vision issues or having poorer vision than mentioned above
- Hypertension and related cardiovascular diseases
- A history of respiratory issues likely to interfere with controlling a commercial vehicle
- A history of rheumatic, arthritic, orthopedic, muscular, and neuromuscular impairments
Walk-in to our clinic at 2315 E Southlake Blvd #110 Southlake, TX 76092 to receive a quick and convenient DOT physical when you need it. Patients can also call us at 817-756-9144 to schedule an appointment with one of our urgent care experts!